Photo which is used as a marker in AR shall comply with the following requirements:
- Sufficient number of details. Some text or other element can be added to solve this issue. + the photo shall have clear edges (example of clear edges below)
- Big “blurry” parts in the image are missing (for example, some problems can emerge while using bokeh effect).
- High contrast between different parts of the photo.
- The image is not absolutely symmetric in respect to axes Х or Y (otherwise the video can be displayed expanded).
- If you want your files to be downloaded faster in PRO, as well as to fasten the files download on the phone when pointing at the QR-code, you can pre-compact the files to make them lighter. You can use the service here.
- Correct aspect ratio. That means, photos and videos shall be proportional. Supposing, the photo is horizontal and the video shall be too. Otherwise, PRO would cut your video. PRO cuts video upon photo size.
As different AR technologies are used on different devices, these faults can display differently on devices with operating systems iOS and Android. It is recommended to check your animated photos on both systems in order to avoid faults.